The sun, sand and shores of California entrances more than just beach lovers. Known for its enormous drive for greener lifestyles, it is no surprise that last year UC Irvine received The Sierra Club’s accolade as one of America’s Top 10 “Cool Schools” for LEED buildings and student-driven green fund projects. Josh Gellers, a PhD candidate in political science at UC Irvine, is a leader at the campus in sustainability research and student environmental organizations. oikos Penn reporter Marissa Rosen sat down with Josh to hear more about his involvement on his campus and the university’s goals of raising awareness, producing zero-waste and creating its own energy.
- Sustainable Brands 2013 – From Revolution to Renaissance
- Energy Efficiency: Still Wasting in the Building
- Ethanol Cook Stoves and Fuel for Haiti at the United Nations
- Boosting Household Investments in Energy Efficiency
- Can You Leverage a Social Enterprise in the Era of Crowdfunding?
- Penn Enactus Launches Recycling Initiative for Veterans
- The 2013 Wharton IGEL Conference Workshop