oikos Penn Student Reporter Yaowen Ma got a chance to catch up with Ruben Lobel, Assistant Professor at The Wharton School, during the 5th Annual IGEL Conference. Following his presentation, Professor Lobel sat down with Yaowen to give a pithy overview of the meaning of overcomplicated subsidies and their effect on the solar panel industry from both the consumer’s and producer’s perspective. Ruminating on what happened in Spain and in Germany, Ruben discusses what we could expect from the Chinese solar market. Dr. Lobel also stressed on the importance of forecasted phasing out of government policies so as to strengthen incoming investment from the private sector as well as to help send positive price signals to firms for future trends.
- TheSustainabilityMarketPlace.org – Executive Summary
- Reflections on Resiliency
- Energy Policy Now: An EPA After Scott Pruitt
- Celebrating Earth Day 2018
- Driving the New Climate Economy: How Companies and Communities Can Thrive in a Changing World
- Energy Policy Now: Rising Seas and the Future of Coastal Cities
- The Wharton Green Tracker: A Sustainability Impact Pilot for Wharton Students