oikos Penn Student Reporter Yaowen Ma got a chance to catch up with Ruben Lobel, Assistant Professor at The Wharton School, during the 5th Annual IGEL Conference. Following his presentation, Professor Lobel sat down with Yaowen to give a pithy overview of the meaning of overcomplicated subsidies and their effect on the solar panel industry from both the consumer’s and producer’s perspective. Ruminating on what happened in Spain and in Germany, Ruben discusses what we could expect from the Chinese solar market. Dr. Lobel also stressed on the importance of forecasted phasing out of government policies so as to strengthen incoming investment from the private sector as well as to help send positive price signals to firms for future trends.
- A Founder With a Vision: Triple Bottom Line Sustainability at Virgin Group
- Energy Policy Now: The Future of the EPA and Clean Power
- Economic and Health Benefits of Sustainable Innovation in Health Care
- IS THIS THE FINAL GOODBYE TO MY CHILDHOOD?
- Smart Air, Smart City
- Energy Policy Now Podcast: Where Coal Mining Brings Environmental Benefits
- Current trends in green and healthy real estate