oikos Penn Student Reporter Yaowen Ma got a chance to catch up with Ruben Lobel, Assistant Professor at The Wharton School, during the 5th Annual IGEL Conference. Following his presentation, Professor Lobel sat down with Yaowen to give a pithy overview of the meaning of overcomplicated subsidies and their effect on the solar panel industry from both the consumer’s and producer’s perspective. Ruminating on what happened in Spain and in Germany, Ruben discusses what we could expect from the Chinese solar market. Dr. Lobel also stressed on the importance of forecasted phasing out of government policies so as to strengthen incoming investment from the private sector as well as to help send positive price signals to firms for future trends.
- Energy Policy Now: The Local View of Fracking
- Building a Green Empire
- Improved Metrics for Minimizing Business Risk Impacts
- Energy Policy Now: India’s Now or Never Climate Opportunity
- 20 Questions on Leadership
- Penn’s Green Fund Supports Innovative Light Automation
- Energy Policy Now: Distributed Energy’s Wholesale Opportunity