The sun, sand and shores of California entrances more than just beach lovers. Known for its enormous drive for greener lifestyles, it is no surprise that last year UC Irvine received The Sierra Club’s accolade as one of America’s Top 10 “Cool Schools” for LEED buildings and student-driven green fund projects. Josh Gellers, a PhD candidate in political science at UC Irvine, is a leader at the campus in sustainability research and student environmental organizations. oikos Penn reporter Marissa Rosen sat down with Josh to hear more about his involvement on his campus and the university’s goals of raising awareness, producing zero-waste and creating its own energy.
- Don’t Let Funding for Our Water System Become a Pipe Dream
- A Sustainable Development Expert’s Take on the 10th Anniversary IGEL Conference
- Creating the Next Generation of Business Leaders
- Wharton IGEL 10th Anniversary Dinner & Conference: The Future of Education in Business Sustainability
- B-School Fundamentals for Sustainability
- Latest Episode of the Kleinman Center’s Energy Policy Now Podcast, Featuring Andrew Light
- An Interview with Maddie Macks, VP of Academics for the Wharton Graduate Association