The sun, sand and shores of California entrances more than just beach lovers. Known for its enormous drive for greener lifestyles, it is no surprise that last year UC Irvine received The Sierra Club’s accolade as one of America’s Top 10 “Cool Schools” for LEED buildings and student-driven green fund projects. Josh Gellers, a PhD candidate in political science at UC Irvine, is a leader at the campus in sustainability research and student environmental organizations. oikos Penn reporter Marissa Rosen sat down with Josh to hear more about his involvement on his campus and the university’s goals of raising awareness, producing zero-waste and creating its own energy.
- Energy Policy Now: The Local View of Fracking
- Building a Green Empire
- Improved Metrics for Minimizing Business Risk Impacts
- Energy Policy Now: India’s Now or Never Climate Opportunity
- 20 Questions on Leadership
- Penn’s Green Fund Supports Innovative Light Automation
- Energy Policy Now: Distributed Energy’s Wholesale Opportunity