The sun, sand and shores of California entrances more than just beach lovers. Known for its enormous drive for greener lifestyles, it is no surprise that last year UC Irvine received The Sierra Club’s accolade as one of America’s Top 10 “Cool Schools” for LEED buildings and student-driven green fund projects. Josh Gellers, a PhD candidate in political science at UC Irvine, is a leader at the campus in sustainability research and student environmental organizations. oikos Penn reporter Marissa Rosen sat down with Josh to hear more about his involvement on his campus and the university’s goals of raising awareness, producing zero-waste and creating its own energy.
- A Founder With a Vision: Triple Bottom Line Sustainability at Virgin Group
- Energy Policy Now: The Future of the EPA and Clean Power
- Economic and Health Benefits of Sustainable Innovation in Health Care
- IS THIS THE FINAL GOODBYE TO MY CHILDHOOD?
- Smart Air, Smart City
- Energy Policy Now Podcast: Where Coal Mining Brings Environmental Benefits
- Current trends in green and healthy real estate