Following his presentation on the subject at the 2012 IGEL conference, Dr. Dan Guide of Penn State University sat down with oikos Penn student reporter Yaowen Ma to delve deeper into closed loop supply chains. Distinguishing between primary and secondary closed loop supply chains, Dr Guide walks his listeners through what it really means to save a product from a landfill, especially if we consider that we don’t buy the product for its physical aspects, but rather for the service it delivers. Dr. Guide also speculates on the notion floated at the conference that our current business model is broken, and what is needed to change it in the future.
- Don’t Let Funding for Our Water System Become a Pipe Dream
- A Sustainable Development Expert’s Take on the 10th Anniversary IGEL Conference
- Creating the Next Generation of Business Leaders
- Wharton IGEL 10th Anniversary Dinner & Conference: The Future of Education in Business Sustainability
- B-School Fundamentals for Sustainability
- Latest Episode of the Kleinman Center’s Energy Policy Now Podcast, Featuring Andrew Light
- An Interview with Maddie Macks, VP of Academics for the Wharton Graduate Association