Following his presentation on the subject at the 2012 IGEL conference, Dr. Dan Guide of Penn State University sat down with oikos Penn student reporter Yaowen Ma to delve deeper into closed loop supply chains. Distinguishing between primary and secondary closed loop supply chains, Dr Guide walks his listeners through what it really means to save a product from a landfill, especially if we consider that we don’t buy the product for its physical aspects, but rather for the service it delivers. Dr. Guide also speculates on the notion floated at the conference that our current business model is broken, and what is needed to change it in the future.
- Energy Policy Now: The Local View of Fracking
- Building a Green Empire
- Improved Metrics for Minimizing Business Risk Impacts
- Energy Policy Now: India’s Now or Never Climate Opportunity
- 20 Questions on Leadership
- Penn’s Green Fund Supports Innovative Light Automation
- Energy Policy Now: Distributed Energy’s Wholesale Opportunity