Following his presentation on the subject at the 2012 IGEL conference, Dr. Dan Guide of Penn State University sat down with oikos Penn student reporter Yaowen Ma to delve deeper into closed loop supply chains. Distinguishing between primary and secondary closed loop supply chains, Dr Guide walks his listeners through what it really means to save a product from a landfill, especially if we consider that we don’t buy the product for its physical aspects, but rather for the service it delivers. Dr. Guide also speculates on the notion floated at the conference that our current business model is broken, and what is needed to change it in the future.
- TheSustainabilityMarketPlace.org – Executive Summary
- Reflections on Resiliency
- Energy Policy Now: An EPA After Scott Pruitt
- Celebrating Earth Day 2018
- Driving the New Climate Economy: How Companies and Communities Can Thrive in a Changing World
- Energy Policy Now: Rising Seas and the Future of Coastal Cities
- The Wharton Green Tracker: A Sustainability Impact Pilot for Wharton Students