(Post by Caroline D’Angelo, IGEL’s Communications Coordinator and editor and Staff Writer for Oikos International) The Initiative for Global Environmental Leadership’s annual conference-workshop on April 26, 2012 was themed around “Greening the Supply Chain: Best Business Practices and Future Trends.” The conference featured presenters from corporations and non-governmental organizations who spoke about sustainable management of corporate supply chains. From technology to transportation, and deforestation to chemicals, presenters urged the audience to think of sustainable supply chains as a smart business move. (Read an overview of the best business practices from the conference from Student Reporter Sharon Muli.) This post provides an overview of the conference presentations and provides links to more in-depth discussion, interviews and slides.
- Building a Green Empire
- Improved Metrics for Minimizing Business Risk Impacts
- Energy Policy Now: India’s Now or Never Climate Opportunity
- 20 Questions on Leadership
- Penn’s Green Fund Supports Innovative Light Automation
- Energy Policy Now: Distributed Energy’s Wholesale Opportunity
- A Founder With a Vision: Triple Bottom Line Sustainability at Virgin Group