Sarene Marshall gave oikos Penn student reporter SarahBeth Vaughn an insight into how different organisations – whether business or NGO – view sustainability. As the Managing Director of The Nature Conservancy, Sarene brings first-hand experience of showing companies such as Dow Chemicals just how much nature is worth to them and how to integrate sustainable business models into day-to-day working. She also discusses why environmentalism isn’t making the same headway it did in the 1970s, how to change it and why Walmart’s green supply chain initiatives might be one of the smartest moves in the business world.
- Energy Policy Now: Lessons from a Decade of Cap & Trade
- Business schools start preparing graduates for a world of climate risks
- Energy Policy Now: The Promise and Peril of Self-Driving Trucks
- Smart City Pioneers: Forging Solutions to Early Challenges
- Energy Policy Now: The Future of Nuclear Host Communities
- Energy Policy Now: The Local View of Fracking
- Building a Green Empire